Tuesday 30 March 2010

6 x 6 Ring Binder

Hi it's Kaz again, finally with another project to show! I've been working for the last few weeks on one of the Ring Binders. I opted for the 6 x 6 inch folder which comes with a whiteboard cover and 8 chipboard pages.


I wanted to make a folder for my sister and her family that showed the early weeks of their puppy's life, using photos from the breeder and ones I have taken.

The front cover had a really good bashing from me as I took a while to get what I was happy with and, as Carol and Joanne discovered, it can take it!! To start with I put Distress Inkpads onto a board and sprayed water on them, then dunked the cover in. It didn't get the coverage I was after as I think it's a bit too big for this to work. Next I applied the DI's using foam, but again, it wasn't quite what I was after - I think I must be very fussy! I then applied gesso over the cover and once dry, gave it a bit of a rub with fine sandpaper to get rid of some obvious brushmarks. I then put a circular mask over the front and sprayed using Glimmer Mists, then did a bit of doodling. You really wouldn't know the battering the folder went through to get to where it is as it still looks in great condition!


I've added a photo, grungeboard letters and die-cut flowers to the front and decorated the whole book with MME Pretty Please papers and Bazzill card.

For the inside covers, I simply painted a couple of coats of gesso and sprayed Glimmer Mists over a circle mask before doodling and adding photos.



As I used dimensional decorations inside, I used just 6 of the chipboard pages which leaves 2 for any other project. They are already hole punched so you could make wall hangings from them along the same lines.


I glued the patterned papers onto the pages and filed the edges to neaten them, then doodled and added photos and decorations.


I'm not a scrapbooker at all, so I used the same LO for all of the pages as it gives it uniformity.



I love this photo of Jess as she had just come back from a walk in the woods where she met some of her other puppy friends and they had a great time! She is a very good girl and knows to sit to have her paws wiped. On this occasion, she needed just a little bit more than paws! I thought this was a good last page as it shows how she's settled in with her new family, where she it totally adored.


Kaz xxx

7 comments:

Janice said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Kaz! I like the use of the same LO, it is very effective.

Karen said...

Oh you have done an amazing job Kaz! I love it!!! XXX

tracy said...

wow!!it's goergous kaz :) what a great keepsake :)

Angelnorth said...

Nope, you'd never guess it had been through the wringer to get to this stage - looks fab! I love your masked and doodled circles!

Carol Plume said...

Kaz - what a gorgeous memento of Jessies early days...and that last piccie of adorable...

The covers look great and I love the doodled edges.

You sound like me really putting the products thro' the wringer! xx

Di said...

Awwwwww, this is definately worth the wait Kaz, absolutely gorgeous and I love the fact that the layouts are similar, it really holds the album together....fabulous xx

Sharon said...

Absolutely gorgeous!