Wednesday 3 March 2010

KARENS FRAMES - PART ONE

I have to say that I am soooo chuffed that Di made up these teensy frames.  I was trawling through the internet and just couldn't find any that I liked so I designed some myself.  The idea is that they are teensy so that they can be used on atc's, twinchies, cards....well anything you like.  You could even make pendants with them.  They have all been cut so that the centres and the hearts pop out for you to use separately if you wish.  Today I am showing you what I have done with 4 of them....


I got my distress & adirondack inks & a few stamps out for these and kept to the same colours throughout. The fancy paper I made up myself with the inks & a squirt of gold glimmer mist before scrunching up.

The GOTHIC ARCH on this ATC has been smooched with Adirondack cranberry, then glossy accents & a sprinkling of gold glitter added.  I have plans to make this one into a doorway next time!
Another ATC, this time using the small arch. The centre is 1inch square. I rubbed distress ink on, then when dry I overstamped with the same colour & then embossed. This way it has a 2 toned effect. I coloured the centre square (which is perfect for an inchie by the way) and stamped before puting it back into the frame.


 

A MAIL SLIDER this time and I played with the FLOWER FRAME.  I treated it in the same way as above but I put a piece of stamped card in the centre. I can see this on a layout with childrens faces inside haha

Lastly I made a CARD using the MULTI-LOOP frame.  This one has been coloured and glossy accents & glitter added.  I stamped on the inside square & then embossed it but the pic hasn't come out too well...sorry :(   I placed the square at a different angle to create depth.  I can see a pendant out of this shape haha

Next time I will show you the rest of the little frames.  Thank you for joining me today, I hope you have liked these.  HUGS XXX

6 comments:

Kaz said...

These are fabulous Karen - lovely designs and gorgeous projects. These can be used on so many things. xxx

Good to see the prefer art stamp!

Net said...

Ooh fab Karen you clever designer you.

Sharon said...

These are brilliant! Such a great design too....x

Traceyr said...

Great shapes Karen I love the flower one best of all. :)

Angelnorth said...

What a great idea! Love these, especially the flower and the shorter "house" shape with the bigger heart!

Di said...

Absolutely stunning Karen, I so love your designs, they are gorgeous x