Friday 5 March 2010

Mum Heart with Flowers

Hello again, it's Kaz this time and I've been playing with this gorgeous hanging heart in the run up to Mother's Day.



I've covered the heart and the smallest flowers with MME papers and sanded the edges to make them smooth. I've painted all of the edges with white acrylic paint - it's really worth the effort it takes to give the chipboard a complete finish.

The medium flowers have been inked with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink (expect to see lots more with this colour it's gorgeous) and the larger flowers and Mum word have been inked with Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson.

I've added the hole at the bottom of the heart to hang one of the flowers from, then finished off with a heart charm and fancy bead caps for the flower centres.

Kaz xxx

7 comments:

Sharon said...

This is beautiful! Love the addition of the charm at the bottom. Gorgeous!
x

tracy said...

thats beautiful kaz :)

Sue said...

Oh Kaz that is beautiful.
I love the colours, rich but delicate at the same time.
Sue x

Karen said...

ooo I love this Kaz, especially taking on of the flowers for a dangle XXX

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful job on this, the balance of the flowers looks fab and the dangly charm is perfect on there, love it!

Janice said...

Oh I saw this one on BF and was eyeing it up for my Mum's birthday. You've made a lovely job of that Kaz.

Ruth Philps said...

Wow Kaz this is sooo pretty!! It's my Mums birthday soon too and what a sweet gift this would make...I love the charms.