Tuesday 16 October 2012

Things that Fly - Conquering Everest



Hello - it is a grand claim...but Everest is the name of the roller coaster ride from the Animal Kingdom - complete with yetti projections and a track that rolls over so it changes your route!

I wanted to use the gorgeous hot air balloons and clouds and kept them a central part of my page.  I used one of the clouds as a template and drew around it, and then used my craft knife to make a stencil and stenciled some white gesso clouds on my paper 1st.  I then die cut lots of clouds to add to these.  The chipboard clouds I covered in acrylic paint and used my brush to make them look fluffy.  I embossed the hot air balloon with the swiss dots embossing folder, and then I sprayer it with peacock blue cosmic shimmer.  I added 5 strips of string and a button to the top of the balloon to finish it off.





Katherine

5 comments:

ionabunny said...

Hi, love that hot air balloon. So cute. Always looking for ideas with buttons as I have a few in my stash. A really lovely layout

Kaz said...

Fabulous LO Katherine x

Dawn Ruth said...

wow this is a great page

Mara said...

SO cute, I have to pin it!

Words and Pictures said...

Just been admiring this over at Katherine's blog... great use of the clouds and balloon to make a wonderful layout!
Alison x