Sunday 25 November 2012

Advent Calendar with All is Bright


I love the octagonal Advent calendar and I have seen so many beautiful ones this week and across the web, even my kids were desperate to have one of these in our house (not only because of the chocolate it will contain :)).  In fact my youngest helped me cover the main tree structure with old book paper - so I had an extra special helper for this!

Once I had covered the frame with the book paper I then gave it a wash of PVA and acrylic mixed together, I also used that same paint/pva combination to paint the draws.  Once that was all done I made myself 3 little templates for the different drawer sizes.  I used loads of different items to decorate the drawers trying to make them all a bit different and the lovely mini bags of reindeers, snowflakes, stars and stockings were perfect.  I used part of the stocking to make crowns, and then embossed the rest with a glittery embossing powder, I covered the reindeer in brown ink and then a layer of glossy accents, then used white embossing powder on the snowflakes and silver for the stars.

I have lots of pictures so here are a few more.





Katherine

5 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous work! I love the detail on each drawer and the book pages look fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration. =)

Kaz said...

This really is gorgeous Katherine, love the brightness of it. x

Words and Pictures said...

Just saw this over at Katherine's - completely stunning!
Alison x

Beate said...

Oh...I LOVE this calendar. The base and how Katherine decorated it. I will have to look into your products! I think I "need" to make one of these.
Hugs and smiles

Gez Butterworth said...

AMAZING Katherine, truly beautiful xxx