Monday 26 November 2012

Homemade Decorations


This weeks theme on our blog is 'Deck the Halls'...which made me think of this photo - from time to time my kids make decorations at school which have pride of place on our Christmas tree, so the photo is of my sons penguin.

I started the page using the 5 snowflakes mask - which are great as you can get 2 different effects with it all in one mask, I used white gesso and scraped it through the snowflake mask, then I used the snowflakes that pop out the centre of the masks, scattered them around my page and spritzed them with white glimmer mist.  

My favourite thing to do with the mini reindeer is ink them brown and then cover them with glossy accents layering them up with paper and stickers.  

The other thing that I really love about chipboard is it is far easier to cover up your mistakes or things that you don't like on it.  So my holly branch started off by being coloured in with pro markers and then covered in glossy accents, but it didn't really go with the painty feeling of my page, so I then covered it in gesso and then crackle paint and got some lovely crackles.  Still not sure about it as I missed all the colour so I then water coloured over the top with red and green distress ink!






Katherine




1 comment:

Kaz said...

That's gorgeous Katherine and I love the penguin. My parents still use decorations my sister and I made when we were little! xxx