Friday 8 February 2013

Embossed - A Party Layout


Happy Friday Tando fans! Dana here sharing a layout I created for the embossed theme this week. I used two of my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folders on the chipboard on this page. I love that Tando Creative chipboard is thick and sturdy, two features that make for a great embossed impression!


I colored this fun Speech Bubble with several colors of distress ink.


After embossing this Scalloped Frame, I covered it with a light coat of Gesso and then a coat of Mello Yellow Shimmerz Blingz.  I highlighted the embossed areas with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. After three layers of wet mediums and a trip through my Cuttlebug, this chipboard piece is still strong with no peeling or cracking!


I love polka dot patterns for birthday pages, so in addition to the Swiss Dot embossing folder I used on the frame, I also added some more dots with the Random Circles Mask and some paint. Once the paint was dry I doodled around the painted circles to highlight the pattern.  I used one of the painted areas as the base for this birthday rub-on.





I hope I have inspired you to emboss your chipboard! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Super page - love all that colour :)

Craftychris said...

ooh that cute face! Fabulous page and I love the embossed frame xx