Thursday 21 November 2013

Free for All - ADVENT CALENDAR

Every year I seem to make an Advent Calendar up.  They are all different and somehow I don't think my build up to Christmas would be the same without them hahaha!  This year Tando Creative have brought out a new 3D one which looks like a house ;-D  I like that idea!!!  Of course you could decorate it completely differently and use it for trinkets or stash!!!  Please forgive the photo's, its so difficult to get all the sparkle on camera...I either lose the sparkle to get the true colours (which are darker than you can see) or have sparkle!!!  Use your imagination...


The house comes flat packed and is very easy to put together.  Most of it just slots into place.  The roof and the end pieces are the only pieces to glue on.   On the other side are the remaining drawers for the rest of the month.  I used acrylic paints and on the 'outsides' I have used 2 masks with dimensional paste before adding a top coat using all the colours to match the drawers.  Some Stickles and Treasure Silver makes the whole thing sparkle.  I also added some Tando snowflakes to the roof and sides that I added Stickles to.

The roof looking down...


and the sides...

 
If you decide to make one do please email us with a picture as we would LOVE to see it.  Take care, Karen xxx

2 comments:

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Karen I love what you've done with this xxx

Cocofolies said...

I agree with Kaz, even if not my favourite colours, it's great Karen !!! love how you used the masks on the sides and the roof !! xxx