Thursday 14 August 2014

Pretty in Pink - Wooden Heart

Hi there!
I don't know if anyone knows this but I do love Pink!
Saying that though, this wooden heart isn't massively pink but there is a hint of pink underneath the white!


This home decor item started off as plain wooden hearts.  I painted each heart pink with chalk paint, then painted over the pink with white chalk paint.  I then rubbed the hearts with sandpaper to take some of the white paint off so you can see some of the pink underneath.

http://www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog/cogs-group-mask-15cm-15cm-p-344.html
Cogs Group mask
I then used the Tando Creative Cogs Group mask on the hearts with Viva Decor Ferro Iron paste and left to dry for a while.  This created a nice raised effect as the application was quite thick. 
 
Caroline ♥



2 comments:

Karen said...

These are really pretty Caroline x

Dana Tatar said...

Love!