Saturday 25 October 2014

KNITTING NEEDLE BOX!

Helloooo!  I am such a sentimental person hahaha!  I have had my knitting needle box for 40 years and now it is falling apart :-(  If you want to see my now very sad looking box it will be at the end of my post!  Now I have a new one, especially cut for me by Tando Creative.  The chipboard is thick like mountboard so it will last me forever now!  I also asked Di to cut me out the words to go on the top.


Its just a bit longer than the longest needle and 6cm wide and deep...perfect!  I have painted it with PaperArtsy Fresco paints, layering them up with stamping and stencilling.  The flowers are stencilled through the *BIRD & BRANCH* mask using coloured texture paste.  The wording has also been painted with Fresco paint and then , along with the flowers, been glittered.  The base is plain amethyst.



 
Now you all want to see its predecessor don't you hahaha!  When I left school I worked in a Computer office of a local authority and this is what the printer ribbons came in!!!!  It was a whole different world back then wasn't it?
 
 
This is the mask I used...
 
I hope you like my new box and thank you for calling by, HUGS, Karen xxx

3 comments:

craftytrog said...

Love it Karen! I have a wooden box for my needles, think it needs altering :-)

Cocofolies said...

Ooh, the predecessor is awful hahaha!!! The new one is much more better, even very lovely Karen!! Perfect for your needles. :) Hugs, Coco xxx

Carol Plume said...

What a great storage box for your needles....very pretty xx