Monday 12 January 2015

USING EMBOSSING FOLDERS!

Hello, its Karen here starting our week of using embossing folders on Tando Chipboard.  I have chosen to try the thicker chipboard that Tando use to see if it will go through my Sissix.  I used an old Cuttlebug embossing folder that I had so it was a bit tight...but, yes, it goes through with a bit of muscle!!!!   I also used various designs to see how they would look:


It certainly gives them a whole new look doesn't it?  I chose the TWINCHIE to work with and coloured them with Faber-Castell Gelatos.  They look a bit messy at this stage:


But once I had added some Treasure Silver the pattern shone through more and the colours looked more blended.  I stuck them onto a little 2inch square handmade book that I had in my stash and added the word 'Smile' and a few beads.



So you can push the heavier Tando through with an embossing folder and you get lovely results.

If you fancy working with embossing folders then why not enter our challenge?  We are running a challenge through the month where you can join us with each weeks themes and be put into a draw to win fabulous prizes.  You can link your work *here*.

Thank you for looking today, Hugs, Karen xxx

3 comments:

ionabunny said...

I've used this technique and was very pleased how well the Tando chipboard embosses. I think I was working with birds. Must revisit. TFS Hugz

Cocofolies said...

Hi Karen! What a cute mini-book using these embossed inchies!! Very clever and lovely work as usual :) Hugs Coco xxx

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous work Karen! I love how you colored the embossed patterns.