Tuesday 22 September 2015

Book Covers with Dee


Hi everyone I hope you are well and getting time to be crafty.
Our topic for the week is book covers.
I started with painting the main part with Deco media paints.
I used blue colour washes over the first layer which had been 
lightly stamped with Andy Skinners industrial stamps.
I used a compass stamp from my stash to place in the 
circular hole.
This was glued on to a Tando circle prior to being glued into place.
I tried to capture the old gold gleam that comes off the aged metal
the photo's don't quite capture it.
I used a metal compass that I had in my stash to go in the area
underneath the main focal point.
I had put crackle paste around the edges and painted them
I highlighted these with treasure gold. I did do the back
 but will show you that in a different post one thing I 
learnt is if you are doing a book always paint
 the base on both front and back at the 
same time.As they are slightly different 
colours.
PRODUCTS USED
  1. Tando Creative products used for the front cover Neil Walkers Book plate  NWMCHNCAL
  2. Deco Art's Media paint's:-  Primary Magenta, Quinacridone Red,Vermillion, Cobalt Turquoise, Gold Metallic, Quinacridone Gold & Paynes Grey.
  3. Deco Art's Antiquing cream Carbon Black.
  4. Deco Art Crackle paste and liquid glass. 


3 comments:

Neil said...

This is gorgeous. Loving the colours and the shimmer.

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!! x

Dana Tatar said...

Amazing work Dee!