Thursday 5 November 2015

Colour scheme week

Hi guys Liz here, with my take on our colour challenge!!

Now believe it or not the colours are all there, only some have hidden themselves, lol

I took one of the Arabian style layered arch  with inner arches, I used two outer arches to build up some  depth and painted them with Deco Art  white Gesso, when dry i made a puddle of bundled sage distress ink into a old margarine tub and added some water, till i had the colour I wanted for the main frames,
 on the back piece behind Santa I used the snowflakes mask with some Deco Art modeling paste then before it was dry sprinkled on some glitter,
I then glued it together,
all the other colours were made using my copics on this older Magnolia stamp, I thought the frame made Santa look like he was reading his lists on the run up too Christmas, looking at him through his window,

Yes my mind does go off in it's own mysterious ways sometimes, lol
I made the window pane effect by using some acetate which I scored with my Scor Pal, then added some Deco Art  texture sand on the bottom edge to look like frosty snow, to finish it off I added one of the mini leaves 1 coloured with distress ink too,


Hope this has inspired you to have a go at our colour scheme, just click  on the link above,
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

No comments: