Tuesday 9 February 2016

Love and heart ( lots of them) with Irit


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my first February post.
This is this " All about love" time of the year. You know, Valentine and everything hearts.
So we have this Hearts and Love week here on Tando blog too.
But who said that hearts should be only red and pink? Not I.
For me love can be in all possible colors and this grungy piece is full of love and hearts and with nothing even close to pink.
I used the back of Mini Heart printers tray as the basic surface. Now I don't have the backing for the heart tray left, but I  think that this thick chipboard made the whole piece standing.
The second  heart is a front piece from Key to my heart mini book set. Now I have an album without the cover. Maybe I will mix the leftovers some day.
Some paper hearts and heart doilies were glued over the basic heart shape, but not much of it is seen now.
The Giovanna - Doilie Tando stencil was used over the second heart and .... Yes, most of it is covered now, but you can still see the stencilled part in the middle.
Then I made this cluster full of clay shapes, flowers, buttons and everything I found in my " trash" box.
The whole piece was painted with black gesso and then with shiny paints and I also added pigments over the top.
This is my very first art piece made in this style and I think that I am in love with the result.
Hope you like it too.


Tando products used:
Stencil
Giovanna - Doilie
Giovanna - Doilie
Chipboards
Key to my heart mini book set
Key to my Heart mini book set

Mini heart printers tray
Mini Heart Printer Tray

1 comment:

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Love it and all the lovely shimmering! x