Sunday 23 October 2016

Dream Big!

Happy Sunday!

I am delighted to be sharing a project and step by step with you today. 

All this week the Design Team having been having fun with the 'Anything Goes' challenge theme.. I decided to decorate the inside front journal cover of the [Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Journal] I've been working on.. you can see the front cover [HERE]


First of all I glued some random pieces of plan paper to the journal page using [Clear Matte Medium]
  


Next I added a layer of [White Gesso] and stamped various stamps around the edges to create a border.


Then I set about choosing the colour palette.. 




Once dry I added some stencilling to the journal cover using Andy Skinner's [Burning Rubber] stencil and also the [Sequin Waste] mask and some of the DecoArt fluid acrylic paint.









  
 While this layer was drying I picked out [Carbon Black] and [Pyrrole Red]
 to add a contrast to the page..



I also couldn't resist adding some [Clear Crackle Glaze] inside the black circles!!

I noticed the washi tape kept peeling so I gave it a coating of [Clear Matte Medium] et voila! 


close ups of the crackles ! I could hardly wait...


 The texture is lovely and so tactile..



 Last of all I added a central image to the page as a focal point..




 My finished inside cover..


Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance.
  Happy creating, Gez ♥

No comments: