Tuesday 25 October 2016

Spooky by Dee

Hi everyone Dee here with my Spooky post for the team.
I started with the mini printer tray with a cover and applied a coat
of gesso.
Next I used bistre crystals and activated these with water 
once happy I Stamped Andy's industrial stamp & the 
words from Tim's Halloween stamps.
 I applied a coat of soft touch varnish i followed this with aged mahogany 
distress ink which i then covered in clear embossing powder 
and heat set.
Next I stamped my fave of all Halloween stamps the 
skull again i used the aged mahogany to simulate
blood.
I have used a lot of Tim Holtz stamps in this project. As you come into
the printer tray I coloured the base card the same way. 
Again I cut out the signs and fit them into the printer 
tray windows.
The clock was coloured the same way then crackle glaze was applied 
over the face of the clock.
The soft touch varnish gives the cover of the tray a lovely 
old leather feel and allows the corners to curl up.
Another close up including the spiders leg that was made using crackle 
paste through a stencil and antiquing cream
Knocked back.
The corners were curled up and gold embossing was added
to the sides.
A close up of the spider.

That's it for today folks check out these printer trays they really are
brilliant for all sorts of projects. I hope you have enjoyed
 my post today don't forget to let me know
what you think!
cheers Dee x

Products used
The below products can all be purchased through the links
Bar the ones from my stash.

  1. Tando products used:- Mini Printer Tray 152mm x 152mm with coverGrab bag of Circles.
  2. Deco Art Products used:- Media: Soft Touch VarnishMedia: Clear Crackle GlazeMedia: White GessoMedia: White Crackle PASTE. Media Antiquing: Carbon Black
  3. Stampendous products used:- INDUSTRIAL rubber stamp setChunky Clear Deep Impression Embossing Enamel,Chunky Gold Embossing Enamel.
  4. From my stash:- Tim holtz stamps, little jars, scrabble letters, rusty coin, roman numerals. 

No comments: