Sunday 16 July 2017

Mixed Media Boards with Lisa.

Hi folks and welcome to this weeks post for Tando Creative. This week the theme was mixed media boards.

Tando Mixed Media Boards are fabulous small boards which can take loads of layers of different products. They are fabulous for having a play with and trying new techniques with. 

I used three of the 74mm x 138mm mixed media boards for this project.


Here is what I did...



First, I gave the boards with a coat of DecoArt white gesso then painted them with DecoArt Media Acrylic Paints

I then used the Tando 4 x 4 clock mini mask with DecoArt white modelling paste on the background.  



I added DecoArt Crackle Paint randomly over areas of the boards to add some texture.





I used the Tando 6 x 6 sequin waste stencil with the DecoArt paints. I added more layers using a chevron stamp and a Mini Textured Checkerboard stamp. 





I used Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel in Shabby Green on Tando holly flourish. I also used the Frantage on some paper flowers and added some white natural raffia. I also recycled some onion netting packaging which I painted to make it darker and added some glue to some areas and adhered microbeads.




I used a selection of stamps which I stamped on to acetate with black Stazon Ink. I cut the acetate wider than the mixed media boards and adhered each side of the acetate to the back of the board to create a bubble over the front of each board. 







I really like this project of mixed media boards. They are so versatile to use and just the right size to create fabulous mini projects.







Thanks for popping by today. Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think
Toodles for now, Lisa 



Mixed Media Boards 74mm x 138mm    Sequin Waste Mask 15cm x 15cm    Holly Flourish    Image result for decoart media    

1 comment:

Jannet said...

Theses are just gorgeous, a wonderful idea. I love Alice in Wonderland!