Tuesday 7 November 2017

Using Embossing Powders - Nikki K


Morning everyone,

This week is 'Using Embossing Powder's week, and I have used a Tando MDF Media board for my project.

I painted the board in 'Timeless' chalk paint, and whilst still wet, sprinkled Aged Ivory Embossing enamel into the paint.  I think this might be a new technique, and it works if you are careful with the heating, it doesn't burn the paint.  Although you might want a window open, it was a bit wiffy!  It gave a lovely background finish as well.


On top of this I used a Steampunk text stamp, and embossed in gold.  Over that I added a Distressed Sequin waste stencil, and embossed the Ivory again.  Taking a Tando mini heart, I triple embossed the Aged Ivory (just emboss over the top of it 3 times).  Whilst still wet I used  'Steam Pumpkin' stamp but only used the cogs from it, to press into the powder. 


I then had a dilemma, I couldn't find any wings in the house...  so took a Tando mini angel, and cut her wings off! (Mwahahaha)..  I embossed them in the fine gold, and added to the top of the heart.  Next comes a Prima watch fob embellishment from my stash, which I added an image to, and covered in clear embossing powder. 


To build up my hanging, I painted two Tando cogs in a very simple rust, just two colours, Raw Umber and Cadmium Orange Hue.  A piece of gold net ribbon was added, and some holes to the MDF with my Cropodile, it cuts through easily.  I threaded gold jewellery wire and a couple of beads and made a spiral round a paintbrush to hang the piece.


Hope you enjoy the rest of the week!

Best Wishes,

Nikki K. xx

Products Used:
From Tando: 
Tando Creative:  MDF Media Boards, Mini Hearts, Mini Angel, Cogs.
DecoArt Media: Raw Umber, Cadmium Orange Hue.

Others/stash:
Stampendous: Steam Pumpkin stamp, Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel.
Wow:  Fine Gold Embossing Powder.
Prima - Watch embellishment.
Tim Holtz - Ancestors paper doll.

4 comments:

whyducks said...

Fabulous work

Theresa said...

so many different techniques using the same product. great mak xx

Unknown said...

That looks really great. You've given me some ideas there. X

Brenda Brown said...

So happy I got to see this irl, it's beautiful Nikki xxx