Friday 15 December 2017

Grungy Bauble


Hannah here with a nod towards something festive! As always I had to include grunge... and rust! I hope you enjoy and may you all have a wonderful festive season.


The round frame from the Tando Shadow Frame makes the perfect base for a bauble decoration. For the base layers I used DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Relic, Rouge and Everlasting. Rubbing away layers to reveal the layers underneather adds a great grungy look. I also added a layer of Crackle Medium to further enhance the weather worn style. 
Washes of DecoArt Media Fluid Acylics in Payners Grey and Quinacridone Gold further ages the base layer.


For the central motief, I used the diamonds from the Diamond Grid to create a star design. Painted in Metallic Gold and aged with Crackle Glaze and Carbon Black Antiquing Cream, I also used this same painting process on the edge of the frame.

The star has been further embellished with a cog and bolt painted in a rusty finish.


Here you can see how the Antiquing Cream works into the cracks produced by the Crackle Glaze. I have strung the bauble using rusty wire to further enhance the grungy look.



Tando products used;




No comments: