Sunday 21 January 2018

Anything Goes Week with Nikki - Night Owl

Morning everyone,

Today I have a tag for you for the Anything Goes week.  I wanted to do a fun project and decided to use a Tando Owl on this one.

I started with a large tag, and added some brickwork stencilling with modelling paste.  Once dry the whole tag was painted blue with a mix of prussian blue hue and cobalt blue hue.  I then painted the bricks with tinting base individually, and then Burnt Sienna to get the brick look.


I added some splats of yellow, white and gold to the sky, and painted the owl in blues and greens, going over the top with Interference Blue, which changes his appearance as you move him.  I added Liquid Glass on top of his eyes, and white dots to define him.


A printed sentiment was distressed using yellow iron oxide paint watered down and a little Tando star painted gold and edged in white dots.  I also added a touch of silver around the tag with my finger to edge it.


 I enjoyed making this tag as the Tando shapes are so easy to work with and make really fun little projects.  I finished the tag with some frilly black ribbon I had, to add to the night feel.


I'm a bit of a 'night owl' myself and expect a lot of you are too!

Hope you like him, don't forget to check out the rest of the weeks makes by my lovely colleagues here at Tando.

Nikki
xx

Products Used:

Tando Set of 5 long Tags:
Set of 5 Long Tags

Tando Mini's - Owls
Tando Mini's - Owls

Tando Mini's - Stars
Tando Mini's - Stars

Mini Mask - Brick
Mini Mask - Brick

DecoArt Media Line Paints:

Tinting Base.
Prussian Blue Hue, Burnt Sienna, Cobalt Blue Hue, Metallic Gold, Metallic Silver, Primary Yellow, Titanium White, Yellow Iron Oxide, Blue Green Light, Interference Blue, Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, Pyrrole Orange, Carbon Black. Liquid Glass.

Mixed Up Merchandise: Snarky Words Printables


No comments: