Monday 22 January 2018

Masks and Stencils Butterfly

Hello!

This week the theme on the Tando Creative blog is Masks and Stencils, which are some of my favourite items to craft with!

 
I used one of the greyboard butterflies that were on the recent Hochanda shows and the Tando Creative 4" x 4" stencils to do all the decoration. 
 
First I used the flourish stencil at the top of each wing with modelling paste.  To make them symmetrical I turned the stencil over for the opposite wing.  I then did the same using the distressed diamond stencil and crackle paste at the bottom...
 
 
Once both pastes were dry I painted over the whole butterfly with tinting base and then with metallic gold.  Using black paint I brushed gently over to catch the areas that had extra texture.  Using the same black paint I stippled through the numbers stencil...
 

 

Next I added some gold and silver gilding wax, before stamping a butterfly onto a piece of watercolour card that had been coloured with gold paint.  This was then cut out and added to the centre before finally adding a few splatters of gold...
 
 
Masks and stencils are so versatile and I only used a few techniques in this project, I am sure that there will be lots of other ways of using them shown this week and look forward to seeing the other projects.
 
Here are the products that I used...
 
* Large Greyboard Butterfly
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting,
 
Jane xx
 
 




No comments: